If there’s one trend that has been growing, and with good reason, is the creation of a brand to every sector, company, product or even person. We all pay a lot of attention to how we look to others’ eyes, especially when it comes to brands and their customers. Brands want to represent their values so that people remember them.
But when it comes to creating a brand, there’s way more work than it seems. The name, logo and corporate identity is just the beginning. This article will show you the importance of it and how it can help your company grow.
What is branding and what is its importance?
Technically, branding is the process of creating a positive and strong perception of a product, service or company in the customer’s mind. The branding strategy includes the planning, creation and management of the elements of a brand.
The importance of branding lies not only in making a lasting impression on consumers, but also in letting your customers know what to expect from your company. It is a way to distinguish yourself from the competition and make clear that your offer makes the best choice. The brand is built to be a truthful representation of who you are as a company and how you want to be perceived.
In conclusion, branding in hospitality is essential. It is the image the hotel wants to convey to its audience. It includes everything, from the unique experiences the hotel offers to potential guests, to the typography used on their social media posts.
Benefits of branding
The process of creating a brand is quite complex but the benefits once the job is done outweigh any problems you may have encountered along the way. Here are some of the potential advantages:
- Understanding your clients. You get to know their preferences and what they like, and the influence your product has on them. When you know more about the customer, you can identify your target audience faster and easier.
- Recognition and reputation. If the client relates your brand to an expectation, they will know the services, products or what they can expect from your hotel brand. This is where the visual part of the brand gets more importance, because it will be the first step for people to recognize your brand.
- Increase the commercial value. A strong brand can increase the company’s value by giving it more influence to the industry. Branding will create a distinct brand identity, which will help guests feel engaged with your product and choose your hotel over other competitors. This will significantly help increase your hotel’s sales and revenue.
What are the keys to achieving the right branding in the hospitality industry?
When potential customers are looking for a hotel and remember your company, branding is working. Promoting a brand image that appeals to the public at the same time that honestly represents your hotel’s mission and vision looks like a hard task for the corporate team. It doesn’t matter if your company is starting a hotel brand from scratch or a rebranding, these are some of the keys to create a successful hotel brand:
- Start from the beginning: create a strong identity strategy. The first step to achieve a successful hotel brand is to develop a strong brand identity. This involves the hotel’s name, the logo, color scheme, tagline, and much more. Those visual elements should be recognisable and reflect the hotel’s selling proposition. Knowing the target clients would ensure that the brand identity fits well with the potential guests.
- Understanding of the client and the market. This second stage is fundamental to create a successful branding in hospitality. The companies should identify the needs and preferences of their customers and align their brand messages accordingly. Nowadays, many digital tools, such as the solutions offered by Goguest, make it possible to understand customer interactions in a very simple and visual way. Demographic data, such as age, income and location, can help inform branding decisions and ensure that the hotel is effectively reaching its target market.
- Engage with the target audience. Hotels can engage with guests through social media, in-person interactions or email marketing. Contact with customers provides the opportunity to seek feedback, resolve issues and build client loyalty. Positive experiences and reviews can help build a strong brand reputation.
- Monitor and adjust brand strategy. Another key to hotel brand success is to continuously monitor and adjust brand strategy. Hotels must keep up with changing market trends and adapt the brand strategies to remain competitive. Market research and industry trends can help to refine the strategy.
Ideas on how to improve your hotel brand
Previously we have given you some basic keys to success, however, new ideas and trends will bring your business up to date. For this reason, many hotels have opted to digitalize their services, using the latest technologies on the market. Here are some ideas that you can apply in your hotels:
- Personalize the guest experience. This is an effective way to elevate your hotel brand and build loyalty, it creates a memorable experience and encourages word-of-mouth recommendations. Companies like Easygoband offer a fully customizable app, so clients can adjust their needs to the hotel offer.
- Sustainability focus. Green practices are becoming increasingly important to guests. Focusing on sustainability, such as reducing energy waste, can boost your hotel’s brand by demonstrating a commitment to environmental responsibility. Highlighting sustainability in your branding and marketing efforts can engage environmentally conscious customers and create a solid brand reputation.
- Upgrade the facilities and leverage technology. Modern facilities are an asset to stand out from the competition. Make sure that your amenities are in line with your guest’s expectations and the image you want to convey. It is no use having a good brand image if the product offered does not correspond with reality.
In brief, successful branding in hospitality requires careful planning and execution. Hotels must develop a strong brand identity, understand their clients, and create a unique selling proposition. By integrating these essential elements into your brand strategy, you can create a memorable brand that sets your hotel apart from the competition and attracts and retains loyal customers.